It was an amazing NCDC conference and we hope you had an enriching, inspiring and motivating conference (as well as a bit of time to play)!
We’ll have more wrap-up information for you in the coming weeks, but for now, here are some helpful links:
Here is your chance to let us know about your conference experience! We greatly value the input of our attendees and use this information to continuously improve the conference!
Complete the conference evaluation by October 9 for a chance to win a free registration to the 2016 Conference in Washington, DC!
If you didn’t get a chance to evaluate the sessions you attended while at the conference, please take a minute to do so!
Judging the ROI of Your Conference Experience
For many, if not all, conference attendees, making the case to attend professional conferences like NCDC can be an annual debate.
While you are fresh from the conference, keep a record for yourself (and your boss) on what you got out of the Conference and why it is a worthwhile value for you. Maybe next year, this will make it a little easier for you to get approval to attend.
Here are some more ways to get the most out of your conference experience, now that you’re back in your office, enriched and inspired in your ministry!
- Identify three things you learned from the Conference that you want to integrate into your program. Create a mini-plan, including a time frame, for each task.
- Report to your boss/board on what you learned at the Conference and the resulting goals you have set.
- Sort all materials received and file appropriately. Send in the free subscription forms.
- Save the attendee list for networking purposes.
- Bookmark this page as a resource of vendors.
- Review the business cards you collected and decide what you are going to do with them: file, put on a list for follow-up, etc.
- Make a list of those persons you plan to call and make your first call within two weeks of the Conference.
- Review the list of conference recordings, using the online schedule for further information about sessions and speakers. Order any CDs that might be helpful to you, if you have not already done so.
- If you are an NCDC member, read Dimensions and E-News and attend other NCDC programs. Don’t forget to renew your membership (you should receive your renewal notice shortly after the Conference).
- If you are not a member, visit the NCDC websiteor call the NCDC office with any questions about membership.
- Call NCDC with any further questions.
Conference schedule still available online: Make your own customized version
Although the conference is over, the online schedulewill remain online. You may want to bookmark the page as a record of the sessions you attended, or sessions you might be interested in ordering on CD.